Many people have been schooled that there is nothing they can do to prevent or completely stop their allergic reactions to dogs. Not true, it takes time, understanding and some lifestyle changes. We raised non-shed, hypo allergic puppies which is great for people with allergies.
Let’s discuss what an allergy is. An allergy is your body’s reaction to a substance. The reaction may be watery eyes, running nose, hives, sneezing and many other uncomfortable conditions. Your body is trying to remove the substance that is irritating your immune system. Your body tries to remove these toxins by getting them outside the body.
Examples: Watery eyes your system is trying to kick the substance out of your body. A stuffy nose is simply trying to isolate the particle by attacking it with extra reinforcements of antibodies. This is a very basic explanation, but it gets the point across.
Now, what can you do to change the allergic reaction to dogs? First understanding what you are putting into your mouth, on your skin and how to remove toxins from your body is key. Water is very important.
Water is what keeps your blood flowing, and all your cells need it to do their job of keeping your body healthy. Water needs to be free of chemicals, toxins, bacteria, and viruses for your body to heal itself. The purest water is steam distilled water. You can purchase it by the gallon in the grocery store. Reverse Osmosis would be a good second choice of water. Other filtering methods, well, tap water come with problems and do not help heal your body. Chlorine causes scarring of the arteries; Fluoride may cause thyroid issues. Charcoal filtering of water leaves bacteria, viruses and more but it is better than tap or well water. Your pet will be healthier if they drink pure water.
You need to build up the good flora in your intestines. The food you put in your mouth moves to your stomach. Your stomach breaks the food into very small particles so they can be adsorbed by your blood through your intestines. Your intestines need the flora to help break down the food and kick out the bad toxins that are in the food you eat.
One of the best ways to build up the good flora is kefir. Kefir is 150 times more effective than yogurt. Kefir can be purchased at grocery stores in the refrigerated health food section. I feed it to my dogs before surgery, vaccinations and if any health issues arise. Kefir is a powerful food.
Understand that you may not be reacting to a non-shedding dog but to what was put on the hypo allergenic dog. Flea and tick shampoos are poisons. When you pet a dog that has a poison topically applied you are adsorbing it through your skin by petting the dog. Flea collars, monthly applied flea and tick products all cause allergy issues. Why do we use these products? Sometimes when choosing between two evils it is necessary to resolve the problem. That is why when I go to the vet, groomer or other places that may harbor fleas, ticks, mites…the list goes on. Use a puppy flea and tick shampoo before you go. This makes my dog a poor host for the creatures looking for a new home. But as soon as I return home, I wash it off with Dove or Ivory Bar Soap. People who have allergies usually react to the toxins in the flea and tick shampoo but not to the Dove or Ivory Bar Soap.
Think the liquid soap is fine? No! Compare the ingredients list and Google (search on the internet) the ingredients. You will be amazed at what is put into common everyday products we all use. Learn to make healthier choices.
Understand what you’re putting into and on your body.
Pure clean water removes toxins.
Kefir builds the good flora helping your cells stay healthy.
Identify the products that are poisons.
Use preventive measures.